Friday, March 28, 2014

week 09. the replay, retake, rebuff.

If you've been playing along, I was in the need to rethink + refocus my project. Although it is a good idea of a site—it was too huge of an idea in the way of creating this multi-faceted system. I was left with the need to find a way to cut down on what I was going to provide to the audience as a general overview of how the website works.

The website focus is three parts:
post a moment.
create a souvenir.
free form expression.

video/visual inspiration.
My initial thoughts for the free form expression/video is that it is a bit like music videos where it follows a narrative and you know what you are following. My second thought is that it is more experimental to the point of a bit eerie and similar to dreams and memories you don't quiet know what you are watching and what any of it means ("see Overlapping Memories"). I think John Legend's "All of Me" is a split between what is happening in his mind/his memories that he is reliving while on the piano and then what is actually happening. And it ends with real footage of his wedding, which really drives home that memory aspect + reality and dreaming meshing in our minds.

"State of Grace" by Talib Kweli ft. Abby Dobson
"Losing Sleep" by John Newman
"Zombie" by the Cranberries
"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls
"Porcelain Doll" by Snowbird
"All of Me" by John Legend
"3 Libras" by A Perfect Circle
Overlapping Memories

name options/meanings/words.
the archive
archive eater/gorger
archi-creative
archi-ingenious
archi-innovate / the archi-innovator
the inaugurate creative
the intuitive teller/ intuitive tellers
the voracious storyteller
the starving storyteller
cerebral seducer
cerebral initiator
discourse retrospection
retrospection initiator
memory framer* (tyler says this one is the closest but not there)

the plan.
This weekend's plan is to shoot a video + create a free form expression. Then I will be able to figure out the kind of features that I should have that would creatively limit the user, as to not overwhelm them yet still allow them to make some brilliant videos. I also plan figure out branding this weekend. I have some website names that I've been pushing around and the initial logos from my midterm presentation, even though I know that I had to do a lot of work to it.

I still have some content from John when I had sent him a personal story that I had written and may try to use that in my website. I also need to put together some print materials that someone would want to keep + have printed; a souvenir and worthy information for that printed piece(s) which I am hoping to find in the emails that John has sent me over the past three years. It might be cool to have some kind of printed book depicting the story in printed format too—but would that be difficult to mock up?

think about.
interface could work similar to the way that your memories work. the closest memories are normally the clearest, where as ones further back are less descriptive and not always accessible or simply became distorted. what if it was also navigation through the left + right brain with the idea of logical side + creative side? How will navigation tuck itself away so you can experience the stories + memories without being distracted by content. what if you haven't checked in for a while and so the website is slow moving and not connecting thoughts? or maybe the whole program is black + white or color in the logical side, but on the creative side everything is intensified or bursting with color so bright that the colors glow?

1 comment:

  1. yes on the ideas in the last paragraph. that is what i was talking about today in class (wed april 2) with you. run with one or two of those ideas. test them out in a visual way to see the results. those things are what will attract people who don't want the facebook experience, or the instagram experience.

    ReplyDelete